Sunday, October 10, 2010

any time now

"Were you listening to Jane when she said one of us were bound to get pregnant now." Tess gave Molly a hard glare.

"No." Molly almost choked on the cream cake as she was about to toss it. They were finishing up the celebration now. It was just Tess and Molly. "When did she say that?"

"You just weren't listening." Tess told her poking her in shoulder with her finger. "It'll probably be you, because we know it won't be me."

"Are you serious? You believe her nonsense?" Molly tossed her paper plate and party stuff in the trash. "She's crazy? She named her cat after Malcolm McDowell. She has dreams what she's suppose to eat for breakfast. Believe me, she's crazy."

"Whatever." Tess grabbed her pinkie. "Lets make a pact that neither of us will be anyone's mother."

"I dunno." Molly winced them. "I'm pretty much Sal's Mom, already."

"Yeah, you do baby him more than you should." Tess looked at her that it just might be true.

"But he rubs my feet at night." Molly smiled as if he were perfect.

"Well, I don't have to wait on, anyone." Tess shrugged even if she envied Molly. She knew she wasn't getting anywhere with Puck, and she wasn't trying. Things were good even if she did have an apartment full of crap she knew she had to get rid of.

6 comments:

lucy and sarah said...

Some very interesting parts. I liked what they said about Jane.

ivy's closet said...

Things are really looking up. I think.

meg said...

Such a nice moment.

She is Sara said...

I hope things with Puck get a little better, he seems so nice.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Things seem to be going right. :)

Zabrinah said...

Fabulous writing, once again!

I love when Molly says, "But he rubs my feet at night."

I can practically hear her voice!

:)

~Zabrinah