Tuesday, March 22, 2011

like the first time

"I could take off a few days." Molly wondered if she could even sleep tonight. Thankfully, Puck had called for a pizza delivery. It was strange how they'd all gathered around a baby to watch him sleep.

"You don't have to do that." Sal sighed, and for a moment Molly wasn't sure who she was talking too. He was different. Not his silly self, but this serious person who was determined, even if he did look a little lost and even teary eyed.

"But I want to help, I do." She promised, giving him a hug. Thankfully, not even a little question from him, asking if she had any fun with Jory. "Are you tired? Do you need some rest?"

Sal gave her an open smile and shook his head.

"You need to eat something." She took his hand and brought him to the kitchen. The baby would be fine. Kramer was with him. It felt as if someone had to be on watch, all the time.

Sal stared at his plate of sausage pizza for the longest time. It was already cold, but he took a bite. Then left the huge slice on the plate.

"I'm not hungry," he said and crawled up on the couch.

"What is it?" Molly had never seen Sal give up pizza of any kind. He ate it like a hungry dog, usually.

"I dunno." He tried to laugh, but he burst in tears. "God, I must be an idiot." His frown got the best of him. "I can't even imagine..how you're feeling right now..about all this...I can't..I can't ask you..." He gasped then. "You need to just get away from all this. I don't want to put you through this. You must hate me."

Molly shook her head, no. She scooted in next to him. Before she knew it, his head was in her lap. She combed her fingers through his hair. Well, Sal was her baby. Dezi would just have to come to understand that.

9 comments:

lucy and sarah said...

Molly is so loyal.

ivy's closet said...

Well, maybe its a second chance for everyone.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Molly has such a good heart. :)

ellie's desk said...

I hope it works out.

cady said...

I love their relationship. Molly is so sweet.

She is Sara said...

Aww I hope it works, he has changed so much!

better days said...

I really hope they can do this.

Syed said...

Awww, Molly is absolutely adorable!

Em [The Writer] said...

<3 Molly!