Sunday, October 9, 2011

in a daze

Michelle bought some mustard burgers along with some vanilla shakes on the ride back to Dax's. She couldn't be sure if he was actually sipping the shake through the straw. He was pretty out of it. She got the meds for him at Wal-greens. At least, he got in the house very slowly.

He told her he couldn't eat. She guessed maybe he shouldn't. She helped him to his bedroom, which was mainly a mess of clothes in the corner and a bare mattress on the floor.

"Maybe you should sleep on the couch." She veered him back to the livingroom. He could watch TV. It was just a shock to see that's where he slept.

"Yeah," He sounded a tad off but, mostly tired. He was being congenial, yet not exactly happy. "I don't feel much of anything." He sighed.

"Do you usually sleep on the couch?" She wanted to know.

"Sometimes." He slouched on the couch then.

"Do you have any pillows?" Michelle asked. She'd just seen a mattress.

"Pillows?" He looked at her as if he didn't know what she was talking about.

"Yeah, for your head." She thought he might need one.

He shook his head, no.

It was dark already. She wished she'd stopped by Wal-mart on the way home. Dax didn't exactly have the basics. It was becoming more clear to Michelle. This was not really a home. She looked around the livingroom while he dozed off.

Finally, she caught eye of that face she remembered in her dream. It was a little boy with a very old woman. She wondered if it was a picture of Dax and his grandmother.

11 comments:

lucy and sarah said...

I like how this ended..seeing a picture of him when he was a little boy.

ivy said...

I feel for Dax. I really do. I don't think he's ever had a good life.

meg said...

I like how they are friends.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Dax really needs someone to make things easier on him. :/

She is Sara said...

I hope they get together, she is so sweet.

My Daily Apparel said...

LOVE IT! Need more :)

Erika said...

Awww, can't wait for the next one now!!!

xx
Erika
http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

poor guy!

Natalie said...

wow, this was just. . . wow

Gianella Peralta said...

There's really something about Dax's past that she needs to unravel..

Natalie said...

once a week you say? That will actually make it easier on me haha. I always miss so much when it comes to people updating everyday, I mean I can't sit down everyday and get a chance to read them, so that is very convenient, I hope you enjoy more free time (: