Sunday, October 30, 2011

its bound to happen

"I want to show you something." Dax was excited. He was making some changes. He was back at work. Before then, there was a lot of time to think while watching talk shows on TV when he was laying around on the couch.

He found out about the bedroom furniture sale down at the Mart. So the old mattress was hauled off. And he got sheets and a bedspread. Dax was starting to think it might be a motel room.

"I almost got a king-size, but I wasn't sure if it would fit in here." He guessed the queen-size was plenty. Of course, he didn't really know anything about bedding. He found something blue. It was the calming effect that got to him. He watched Michelle give the bed a look over.

"Nice." She told him. Of course, there was no headboard, nor a dresser. He told her he might need help with that.

"But you don't have too." He shrugged. He was in no hurry. He'd pushed all his clothes in the closet. Hopefully, Michelle wouldn't notice.

"Well, I hope you enjoy it," she said. He nodded feeling weird now that they were here. He went to the fridge to find some sodas to drink. She followed. They stayed in the kitchen and looked at the bed from a distance.

"I went to the doctor, again." Dax popped open a can of Dr. Pepper.

"Are you sick?" She looked concerned, and he couldn't help but smile.

"No, everything is fine. Its really fine." He sighed. "I just wanted to know if I-I" He choked then thinking Michelle would take it the wrong way. "Just forget it."

"No, what is it?" She was curious.

"You know, those..those STDs, you forget about. I guess." He knew he was blushing. "I mean, I don't ..have anything. Its just I thought, you know. I need to take a few things seriously. And well, I think I want..." There he went again, feeling he was saying the wrong thing. "I'm going to wait..until I get married..before..before I have ...sex again."

"What made you decide that?" Michelle took a sip of her diet drink.

"I dunno. It got so crazy last time. I mean, I really thought she felt the same way I did, about things." He shrugged. "I would have married her. I wanted to. But- she wanted to keep things casual. You know. And-" His face tense as he talked about Tess. "I-I tried..." He winced hard. "I mean, the guy she's seeing now.." He sighed. "He looks just like me."

"You've got a twin? Parted at birth?" Michelle made light of it.

"Evidently." He sipped his drink, putting Tess behind him. "You ever tried one of those online dating, you know, whatever."

Michelle almost spewed her drink.

"Dax, you don't even text." She reminded him.

"Yeah, I know." He guessed it was foolish to think he could. "I'm all thumbs. I never learned to type." Dax could only think of one other option. "There is always church."

"Oh, really?" She looked at him. "Just when have you joined a congregation?"

"I haven't. That's just the point. Maybe I should." He shrugged.

"You know what they have at church, don't you?" Michelle put down her diet Dr. Pepper then.

Dax looked baffled, wondering how bad could it be?

"Its the biggest place for sinners." She told him.

7 comments:

ivy said...

Oh Michelle..possible jealous does not become you. I liked how he talked about Tess.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Michelle has a crazy perspective on things. :P

Erika said...

OMG a twin???? thats interesting!!! haha can't wait for the next post :)

xx
Erika
http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

Cuppykirsten said...

Isn't he taking things too serious...
I want to read more!

With love, Kirsten

meg said...

Aw, Michelle..Michelle...

tywo said...

This made me smile. I love the way Dax feels about Tess even though she hurt him.


LOVE!

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

Hahaha Michelle is so funny! I'm sure he'll feel better soon, break ups just hurt for a bit.