Thursday, March 3, 2022

I'll tell you again



 "Are you listening to me? Are you really listening to me!" was Holly going to yell again and make Stevie jump? There they were at her place. It was much cleaner than his room in the basement at his house. Hell, he lived at home. Couldn't she see why he needed her place? Just for a little while.

"It's only a date." He looked at her as if he was helpless and a little lost. She knew him. She knew he needed this. It had been months since he broke up with Tim.

"A sex date. That's all it is." She was pissed as usual, but when was the girl ever in a good mood. Stevie rolled his eyes at that. 

"You don't know that!" He yelped back. He just wanted some time alone with Jet. They needed to get to know each other. You could only do so much where he worked. It was like everyone knew at the yogurt place knew they liked each other. "I'm not asking for the whole night, just..just for an hour or so."

"It'll get messy," Holly tilted her head as if she was the only big sis he'd ever need. She might be dressed like a creature of the night, but she was a homebody.

"Messy?" Stevie winced. "What do you mean?" He made a face of disgust.

"Honestly, I don't like you very much," she gave him a soured look with her hands behind her back. "You can't just give up on Tim like this."

"He's the one who broke up with me," he said as he followed her into the kitchen where she turned on the electric kettle.

"You're making a mistake. You've been with him forever. Can't you get back together?" She got the cups ready as if he could spend the night if he wished, but she hadn't agreed about him bringing Jet over. 

"His name disgusts me," she shook her head no.

"He has a dad into industrial metal music," Stevie told her. "He's not like that." Besides, she hadn't met him. "You might like him."

"I won't." She was certain, but in the next breath, she said she'd go over to Carrie's for a sleepover.

Stevie's smile was open. "Finally," he sighed.

6 comments:

  1. Another story! There's so much tension between Holly and Stevie already. I love this line: "She might be dressed like a creature of the night, but she was a homebody." Maybe because it reminds me of myself a little! I'm excited to see where this narrative goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting new story
    I love it
    I wish you have a nice week
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this story so much. Incredible how you grounded the readers in the world and characters. Left me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. muy buen capítulo, espero pueda superar su ruptura pronto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly and Stevie should talk more and more. But first both of them should calmdown.

    ReplyDelete