Saturday, September 17, 2022

I'm not perfect, but I'm always myself


 

Carrie was relieved that everything was working out so well. Even if she wanted to be at her house instead of at Holly's who was on again, off again. Why had she ever liked her in the first place?

Still, Carrie was doing her best. Maybe she could have a dinner for everybody. Even if it was at Holly's. Still she would  have to talk to about that to Holly. Of course, it was best to suggest this when Holly was in a good mood.

"I've never had all my friends together for dinner," she said to Liam at the salon. Carrie couldn't help but smile. She liked the idea of having friends over. She'd never had this many friends, until now.

"Never?" His question hit a nerve although she suspected he'd said that while counting dollar bills to put in the cash register. She didn't really think he was listening to her.

"Oh, I dunno. It's not like I never wanted friends. I just didn't seem to have them. Or maybe they were there, but I didn't know it." She told him she was quite shy in school. "Maybe I just didn't know how to have friends." She'd never gone to daycare. In fact, she'd hardly gotten out much. "There was always my brother. He was the sophisticated one."

"Sophisticated?" Liam practically snickered as he looked over at her. 

"Oh, he thought he was something," she shrugged. Liam gave her a nod.

"Did he ever have a manicure?" Liam wanted to know. His smile was open. Carrie shook with laughter. She could never imagine him having a manicure.

"Oh, he's too manly for something like that," she said. Liam only smiled with a nod.

"So what are you going to have for this dinner?" Liam wanted to know.

"I'm not sure if I should go for something like roast beef or just a stew." She thought it was nice weather for something warm and comforting.

"You could order pizza." He sounded as if that was the way to go. The dinner didn't need to be that much trouble.

"No, I want to cook," she told him. "Maybe even bake a cake."

"Oh. Sounds nice." Liam went back to work at the register. It was just the two of them. The salon hadn't even opened.

"And you're invited too," she said.

Liam only nodded, but she didn't think he'd come.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I understand this!
    I never had many friends, i don't know why but... it's like this
    I like so much this chapter
    Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie is so endearing here. I hope this dinner, which seems ambitious to me because I'm not big on cooking, goes well. The fact that she sees her brother as "the sophisticated one" makes her seem even more wide-eyed because we know who he really is.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for including my barrette in your collage! I'm honored to have it in the salon -- which is super cute, by the way! 🎀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Liam opens up a little. And that the dinner goes well. Love the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam just needs a little more time
    Xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must remember, Liam is actually Tobey.

      Delete
  5. Muy bueno el capitulo ^^
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it
    I love this chapter, this character, your kind of write
    Thanks for sharing
    kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Now I wanna throw a dinner party too (or maybe be invited to Carrie's). :)

    ReplyDelete

  8. I hope dinner goes well. Fun, engaging chapter.

    ReplyDelete