Saturday, January 14, 2023

In moments of doubt trust your gut


 

Tobes/Liam knew Carrie was at her wit's end. They hadn't heard anything from Holly since last year.

"How long can this go on?" She paced hugging herself in the livingroom. Of course, all the while they'd managed to go to work day in and day out. After all, they'd called the cops about it. Carrie talked to a detective. Liam knew Geo was frightened to talk about her but at least they'd gotten him to go in with Carrie to discuss the matter.

Meanwhile, when Liam could he was on his laptop trying to track down Holly's phone. Maybe that would be key. It seemed the cops overlooked the matter. But for all he knew, the phone might be laying somewhere on a snowbank.

He shook his head. Time was of the essence and it already felt like it was all going cold. 

"I'm out of here," Geo said about the matter one late night when they'd all gotten together to brainstorm about Holly's whereabouts. He wasn't going to stick around to find out what was going on with Holly. "Maybe it's better I don't know."

"Why is that?" Liam looked at him as if maybe he was just a coward after all.

"Because..because I always felt she was using me. Like, I dunno, I was just some eye-candy she just wanted to dangle in front of all of you," Geo finally spilled.

"Oh, at least you're coming clean." Liam shrugged back.

"And..and she was..scary." Geo looked at him blankly as if he was the innocent one.

"Scary?" Liam guessed Geo had lived a sheltered life after all. "Well, take care man." He gave Geo a slap on the back.

"But..but I want to hang out with you," Geo told him.

"Maybe later," Liam did find it funny. "But I got stuff to do." As soon as Geo left Liam called J. They needed to get on this trail of finding Holly before it was too late.

7 comments:

  1. Ay que enganche ^^
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the search for Holly is on! That makes me feel better; for some reason, I thought maybe no one would realize she was in trouble for a while. And the part about Geo is genius. He's so whiny, all me-me-me, and then Liam just kicks him to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... where's Holly?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! This is so interesting
    I want more!!!
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete