Friday, January 6, 2023

You know the ones who said I'd never find someone like you

 


"Oh, it was so good," Holly thought she actually heard someone snicker. Maybe it was Carrie. No, it had to be Liam. That was his name, wasn't it? It all felt so fuzzy. It was like a pink dream of some kind. Very floaty. Like balloons all around. And they were laughing.

"Gotta say, you know how to pick'm," it was Stevie laughing like an idiot.

Holly fretted. This had to have something to do with Geo, didn't it? She was ready to choke somebody. 

But she turned just as she heard Liam, wiggling a little dance step as if he might be a major player in a K-pop video, and damn if Carrie didn't know that step too. "Oh, but I did him." He smiled.

"I did him too," Carrie giggled.

"WE ALL DID HIM!" Stevie laughed into the sublime.

Holly was going to let someone have it. How could they? She stretched forward, but she was going nowhere. She winced. Her head throbbed. It felt as if something was sinking into her chest.

It was just a dream, but the dead arm was right where it was expected to be. Stretched across her bare body. She screamed. But no one heard.

Honestly, she didn't know where she was nor how she ended up this way. She sighed heavily. How did this happen? She tried to rewind to the start. Although, she still couldn't move. Maybe she was drugged too. It just couldn't be possible.

Holly sniffed back tears. Why did she go back to her old haunt at the bar? Why would she go there when she had a party to go to.

She pressed her lips tight, remembering the anonymous text she got. "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID." Whoever wanted to meet up at the bar.

"Fuck!" What kind of crazy shit was this? She struggled to look over at the body next to her. It was like history was repeating itself. Unless it was just the bartender's doppelganger.

5 comments:

  1. That was some dream! And then for Holly to wake up, remember that creepy text, and realize she was in bed with the bartender, just wow. I almost forgot about the whole bar thing from the beginning of this series. Now I'm interested to see what happens next!

    Super cool kawaii collage! I love the Fitz and the Tantrums references too, both in it and in the story. 🎀✨💜😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Holly! I love how this started..but now I'm worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this story so much, I want know more and more everytime I read it
    Big hug for you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the chapter
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete